The biggest problem most brides-to-be face when planning their wedding is the gown. Of course, the bride wants to be the most beautiful girl in the celebration-it is her wedding after all. As a bride it is also her opportunity to be the center of attention during the whole event, and the gown has to serve that purpose.
Wedding gowns come in all designs and forms. Some are too fancy, while others are just too plain. But how should one choose her wedding gown? If you’re among these girls who are still looking for a wedding gown design to wear for their big day, then here are some pointers to look at:
1. What kind of bride do you want to be on your wedding day? Many brides fail during their big day because they opted for styles that didn’t match their ideals. They went for fancy, trendy fashion ideas that didn’t compliment their looks, or even their aspirations, hence they looked bad. In order to avoid this, you have to be clear about what kind of bride you want to be-do you want to be the typical blushing bride, the power bride, a provocative bride? You simply have to decide on this first, as your answer will entail the kind of gown that you’ll choose to wear.
2. Start browsing for designs. Once you’ve decided on the kind of bride you want to present, you can then start checking for the designs that match your ideals. You can talk to your wedding gown designer about the ideas you have in your head, so that he or she can show you the styles that may suit you best. You can also have your gown custom designed, so that it will truly represent you as a person.
3. Keep in mind the class. Of course, getting married is a milestone, and the best way to celebrate it is by looking classy and elegant during that day. You don’t actually have to go for something expensive to achieve the look-as long as you get avoid looking drag. If you want to play safe, then you can keep your gown simple but beautiful. However, as long as you are able to look your best during the day, then everything is fine.
4. Consider the comfort. Some brides think that having a long train or a thick veil is important, thus they find it difficult to carry their gown during the ceremony. You don’t really have to add a long train or a very thick veil; you can even go without these details depending on the theme of your wedding.
If you’re not comfortable with these appendages, then you can settle with shorter trains and thinner veils instead. A good alternative to the veil is a flower tiara, especially when you don’t want to cover your face during the wedding ceremony.
5. What’s your budget? Lastly, you may want to look at how much you can spend for the gown. Custom wedding gowns cost a lot, and it may be better to buy a pre-made gown instead. If you’re going to buy a gown however, you may want to go for a simple style, as you can make up for it with custom additions, or with the accessories you’re going to wear.