Welcome to Intel Mixx Blog ..
A camping trip can be a fun-filled adventure as long as you’re properly prepared. Whether you are planning a weekend get-a-way with friends or a week long family vacation, it’s important to plan your trip in advance to make sure you take all the necessary essentials for a safe camping trip.
Where To Camp
First, decide where you are going to camp. If you’re going to a campsite, choose one that offers hiking trails and a lake or stream near the campsite. Most campsites provide a parking area, toilet facilities and a common fire pit, and nicer campsites may also provide public showers, wash stations and picnic tables. If you plan to rough it in the wilderness, you will have to provide your own facilities.
What To Take – Camping Essentials
* Tent – there are three basic tent types:
A-frame style – small, sleeps 2-3 people
Dome style – spacious, sleeps 2-5 people, easy to set up but has low head room
Cabin-style – spacious, sleeps 3-6 people, hardest to set up
* Sleeping bag – with a sleeping pad, blanket and pillow
* Camping stove with fuel (propane stoves are easy to use)
* Firewood or charcoal, starter fluid, matches, newspaper (if you plan to build a fire)
* Cooking – pots, pans, coffee pot and utensils
* Eating – plates, cups and utensils (can be paper or plastic)
* Cleanup – trash bags, paper towels, plastic bucket, soap and sponge
* Cooler and ice
* Food and drinks, including bottled drinking water
* Warm clothing
* Personal hygiene kit – soap, wash cloth, towel, tooth brush, tooth paste, and other essentials
* Insect repellant
* Sunscreen (use minimum SPF 15)
* First Aid kit
* Tools – hammer, pliers and scissors (for necessary chores)
Important Camping Tips
* Look for sleeping bags with down or synthetic fill that have +20 – +30 degrees Fahrenheit rating and a zippered or drawstring hood
* Use a full-length sleeping pad in your sleeping bag for best body warmth
* Sleep in a wool or fleece cap to preserve body heat. Up to 40 percent of your body heat escapes through your head.
* Before going to bed take a short walk or exercise briefly to build body warmth
Keep a Clean Campsite
* After cooking and eating meals, always clean up pots and pans and put food away in a safe place to keep animals away from your campsite
* Before going to sleep, make sure your campfire is out or safely contained
* Before leaving the campsite, make sure any campfires and embers are completely extinguished so you don’t cause a fire
Camping is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and spend quality time with friends and family. You can enjoy many fun-filled outings under the stars, but make sure they are also safe outings.
This has been a post from ACQM, Australia’s online camping store. if you’re looking to get great gear online, check out thewir website, they have it all.
April 11, 2016
April 3, 2014
December 25, 2013
November 24, 2013
November 18, 2013
November 18, 2013
October 24, 2013
October 19, 2013